Humanity Crew is a leading international organization in the field of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), and has been active in the field in Greece since 2015 providing MHPSS to refugees in camps, shelters and day centers on the Greek islands, Thessaloniki and Athens.
This partnership aims to promote the refugees’ wellbeing and to improve their integration process by addressing one of the most important challenges among refugee children, parents and the local community: bullying.
The one year partnership includes:
- Developing bullying prevention programs for schools aiming to educate teachers and counselors about bullying directed to refugees.
- Creating mentorship programs that partner local and refugee students.
- Teaching refugee parents about bullying and showing them how they can support their children.
- Cultural orientation activities/classes in refugee camps that teach local western culture.
- Media campaign that promotes anti-discrimination and anti-bullying rhetoric
Humanity Crew is an international aid organization specializing in the provision of first response mental health interventions and psychological aid to refugees and people in crises. We work to deploy mental health and psychosocial support to displaced populations in order to improve their mental health and wellbeing, to restore order in their lives, and to prevent further psychological escalation. We seek to create a world in which mental health support is a fundamental component in all emergency efforts for victims of humanitarian crises. To learn more about our organization, please visit: www.humanitycrew.org To support our work, please visit: https://humanitycrew.org/donation